Reuse, create and fidget

 

Have you ever heard of a fidget board? I first heard of them last year (2024) and when I looked at them online, many just weren’t me and even the ones that included fidgets I really liked, they didn’t have enough to justify the price.





The above are just two examples, but I think you can see my point. None of them were quite right for me for one reason or another.

Skip to Christmas of 2024, I received a fidget spinner of my friend Lauren and suddenly everything fell into place – I should make my own fidget board! 

So, in January that’s exactly what I did! 





The board itself was made from a broken tissue box, with many of the other parts also being reused:


The first part is simply some old black elastic I had lying around and can now be used to “ping” when frustrated.








Two of the fidgets on my board are from “Fidgets by Amelia”. I brought them as keyrings and usually remove the keychain and add cord to turn them into necklaces. This time I removed the hole with pliers that usually attaches the fidget to the chain (or in my case cord!) and simply glued them onto the board
.


Hanging on the left-hand side of the board is a black acupressure ring attached by some old string. Acupressure rings are one of my all-time favourite fidgets (the one on the board is from Amazon but they are available from multiple places) so I couldn’t not include one! There are also some movable beads attached above the string the ring on for extra fidgeting!



The two stickers on the board are known as “sensory stickers”. They have a rough texture which can be grounding and again were brought on Amazon.


These are some leftover studs from an old craft kit. They are spikey but safe and again great for grounding!


 This is the fidget spinner that in many ways started it all!

These tassels are reused from the cord of a drawstring bag that broke. I love plaiting things, so this makes a great addition to the board !



These beads are attached by wire to spin when I move my hand over them.


Inside this beautiful material I brought for another project is some putty in a balloon, making a handmade stress ball.




This is a charm that is made from wood. The texture is soothing and the cross itself is an important symbol to me, reminding me of Gods power and love for me. Whatever happens He is in control.


The black corduroy material on the top right-hand corner is from a “Re-Yak pack” from “Lucy & Yak”. All the material in these packs are scraps that haven’t been used. I love these packs for different projects and the black corduroy material is soft and a lovely texture for me.



My fidget board won’t be for everyone. But to me, I love the textures, colours and the fact so much of it is reused. While I’m unsure of the overall coast, none of the fidgets / material used on the board were brought specifically for the board but instead things I already had meaning the cost was spread out and I have a fidget board that I loved making and now love using when overwhelmed. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog